Wednesday, January 24, 2007

a clean sheet of paper

Jeff here. Thanks for stopping by and checking out my sad-looking blog. Yes, it is barren at the moment, but, like a clean sheet of paper, I intend to fill it up (if it were possible to fill it up) with content: thoughts on making picture books, writing, drawing, doodling, actual doodling, drawing, and writing, major annoucements of the professional kind, and whatever else springs to mind. I may even decorate the place a bit, but, unlike my apartment, not with a windchime and a dead plant...don't judge me.

To bring you up to speed before proceeding, here's a handy primer: when we last left...me...I had returned relatively unscathed (at least, bodily) from the madness that was the Society of Illustrator's The Original Art show, my most recent picture book,
Hippo! No, Rhino had been chosen as one of the 50 best picture books of the year by Nickelodeon Jr. Family Magazine, and more recently (read: last night) had been selected as an American Library Association 2007 Notable Children's Book, joining such fine company as Emily Gravett's Wolves (which is a book I wish I'd thought of) and Antoinette Portis's Not a Box (yep, wish I'd thought of this one, too). This morning I had a large coffee and a muffin from Dunkin' Donuts, I have yet to eat lunch as of 3:24 PM, and I've got a funny taste in my mouth that is less funny than it is gross.

What now? Who knows?

Until next time,

Jeff

2 comments:

scar said...

Congratulations, Jeff!

We loved Hippo and can't wait for your next book.

Lynn Baumgart said...

Hey, Cheffie,
Paul and are delighted with your accomplishments as a bona fide author and illustrator. Remember when Paul used to say, "Someday, Jeff, we will say, 'we knew you when'". Well guess what? Someday is here, and we're saying it!! We have witnessed first hand your hard work, dedidication and dream to be a successful childrens' book author and illustrator come to fruition. You never gave up, and for that you should be proud.
Lynn B.
P.S. Creative types like yourself don't worry about mealtime -- it happens whenever, but don't forget to eat your veggies.