Tuesday, October 7, 2008

wichita lineman

A few months ago, in the dead zone of Newmanpicturesblog, Minh Le, or rather, Roscoe P. Hargrove, over at Bottom Shelf Books posted a hilarious and weirdly insightful critical analysis of Hippo! No, Rhino that is one of the coolest souvenirs I've collected (insofar as one can collect a piece of the Internet) from my short children's book career. I emailed Minh to let him know how much I liked it, and that led to an interview that we just finished up last week, in which we talk about all sorts of things, including the song I want played at my funeral. It might be Wichita Lineman. And then again, it might not. I'll post a link once it's up.

1 comment:

Michaela Kuenster said...

If you decide that Wichita Lineman is The Song, and providing that you die first, I can arrange for him to play it there in person, if you'd like.

Glen Campbell is my Fake-Grandpa and my dad is his musical director.