Tuesday, March 20, 2007

a confession

I was driving down County Highway JJ at midnight. The radio was on and playing a heartbreaking tune by Vince Gill that I just had to sing along with because I love Vince Gill. The song is about a man and woman who fall in love, have fights, and fall in love again.

Then, I came upon a lonely tree on the side of the road doing 85, and that’s when this alien came running out. I mean, what a stupid alien! Why did he wait until then to cross the road? Perhaps we’ll never know.

Anyway, I smashed into him, because I didn’t have time to swerve out of the way, and he just blew up.

Well, that was scary!

I stopped the car with a screeching halt right after, and checked out the damage to the bumper and hood. It wasn’t too bad. The chrome was chipped, but a little half-test seal mount would cure that.

Right then, I didn’t know it was a alien. But then I saw this alien head wiggling around like a giant avocado, and I realized that it was a alien. I fell on my knees, and prayed to God that I hadn’t killed the only alien I ever saw. Unfortunately, I did.

Sometimes, I lie awake late at night and think about that alien. Did I do the right thing by killing that alien? I just don’t know.

If you killed a alien, what would you do?

No comments: